Disclaimer: Changeaholic is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. You can read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Last Updated on October 19, 2021 by Mandy Schmitz
The ketogenic diet is all the rage these days and for the right reasons. It helps promote weight loss, reduce appetite, and boost metabolism. On top of that, it also reduces the risk of several health conditions associated with weight gain.
If you’ve been looking to reap the benefits of the keto diet, you may want to try it out. However, as a breakfast lover, you might not appreciate the idea of eating eggs or veggies alone every single day.
But guess what? Your keto diet breakfast doesn’t have to be that boring! Interestingly, we have a few toothsome keto breakfast recipes for you that will motivate you to get out of bed each morning and encourage you to stick to your diet.
Were you reluctant to start your keto diet because you assumed bland breakfast recipes that’ll make it difficult for you to start your day? Well, not anymore!
Below, we’ve shared a few delicious keto breakfast recipes that’ll spice up your meal each morning.
Here is my selection of the best keto breakfast recipes:
It’s rich, creamy, thick, and luscious; it’s hot chocolate!
Hot chocolate is overly sweet, and you’re attempting to stick to a keto diet, so before you panic, know that our recipe is keto-friendly.
Here’s a quick recipe to kick-start your day with a warm cup of melted chocolate.
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ tablespoon of keto-friendly sweetener
- Add cocoa, keto-friendly sweetener, and 3 tablespoons of water in a saucepan.
- Turn on the stove and heat the mixture on medium to low flame
- Increase the heat gradually and add the remaining water
- Now add vanilla extract and stir
- Pour into a cup and serve with whipped cream
A cup of smooth and mouth-watering hot chocolate is ready! Dust a little cocoa powder on top of the whipped cream to give the presentation a unique touch.
If you’re not a chocolate person, we’ve got you covered with our keto butter coffee recipe! It’s bitter-sweet with a deep and rich after-taste.
Wondering what a “butter coffee” is? Well, it’s a coffee mixed with butter and oil to keep you focused and alert throughout your day. Here’s how to prepare an energy-boosting keto coffee!
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of hot, freshly brewed coffee
- Combine freshly brewed coffee, coconut oil, and unsalted butter in a blender
- Blend the mixture until thick and frothy
- Pour in a mug and enjoy!
Our keto breakfast recipes are not limited to a few ingredients. So, you can spice up your butter coffee by adding some pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon (per your liking).
If warm drinks do not appeal to you in the morning, try a creamy, cool, and fruity beverage! That’s right, a blend of raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries makes a perfect low-carb keto smoothie.
Follow the directions below for a refreshing, luscious smoothie recipe.
- ½ cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- ½ cup of frozen strawberries
- ½ cup of frozen blackberries
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- Shredded Coconut (for garnish)
- Add strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, baby spinach, and coconut milk in a blender (do not add shredded coconut at this step)
- Blend until smooth and thick
- Pour the smoothie into the cups and garnish with shredded coconut
A cup of nutritious keto smoothie will provide you with the energy you need to get through the day.
Nothing can beat a stack of classic pancakes for breakfast. But just because you’re on a keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this delicious breakfast staple.
Here’s a quick keto-friendly pancake recipe to satisfy your cravings.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cups of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 4 oz of softened cream cheese
- Crack eggs in a mixing bowl and add almond flour, cream cheese, and lemon zest
- Whisk the ingredients until smooth
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick pan
- Pour around 4 tablespoons of mixture and cook on a medium flame
- Flip the sides as they turn golden
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate
- Place a chunk of butter on the pancakes and serve
To add to the flavor of your pancakes, consider pouring some sugar-free maple syrup.
You may not have heard of flaxseed muffins before, but they’re a delicious keto breakfast option. These muffins are special because they are not loaded with plenty of eggs, unlike traditional muffins.
They are soft, moist, and a healthy alternative to those regular sweetened muffins. Here’s a quick recipe.
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup of ground flaxseeds
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of keto-friendly sweetener
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (salt, cinnamon, baking powder)
- Add pumpkin puree and mix.
- Add vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and the keto-friendly sweetener to the mixture.
- Now crack an egg and add coconut oil to the batter, and mix
- Add ground flaxseeds in the mixture
- Take a spoon full of batter and add in carefully pour muffin liner
- Toss batter with some pumpkin seeds and bake for 20-25 minutes
Once cooled, top them with some melted butter and enjoy!
If you’re not ready to try cottage cheese alone for your breakfast, this recipe is a perfect way to dip your toes in the water. Why? Because we’ll pair it with a spinach omelet.
That’s right; the veggie omelet will give you a punch of protein, and the creaminess of cottage cheese will add flavor and richness to the recipe. Here’s how you can prepare one for yourself.
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- ½ tablespoon of unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- Black pepper powder
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons of cottage cheese
- Crack the eggs in a mixing bowl and add salt, milk, and pepper
- Whisk the ingredients until the mixture gets frothy
- Melt the butter in a nonstick pan
- Add baby spinach and cook for about 30 seconds
- Pour the egg mixture and make sure the eggs coat the spinach
- Use a spatula to tilt the omelet batter slowly
- Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat and spoon cottage cheese on one side of the omelet.
- Fold the egg over the filling and slide it into a plate
Grab a fork and enjoy the cheesy spinach-lined omelet.
Perhaps you’ve eaten avocado toasts and sandwiches before, but we’ve introduced an entirely new way to let you enjoy that nutty and buttery avocado.
Avocado egg boats are another add-on to our unique keto breakfast recipes. Here’s a quick look into the recipe.
- 4 eggs
- Black pepper
- 2 avocados
- Chopped chives (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Scoop a tiny bit of avocado out of each half (for later)
- Transfer hollow avocados on a baking sheet
- Crack eggs into a bowl and carefully transfer the yolk in each avocado
- Now spoon the egg white in each piece of avocado (as much you can fit without spilling)
- Season it with salt and pepper
- Bake it for 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a separate pan until crisp
- Toss the bacon pieces and freshly cut chive on avocado boats
Satisfy your hunger with the delicious mix of eggs and avocados.
Though salads are infamous for being bland and insipid, our keto-friendly breakfast recipe adds a twist of flavors and ingredients.
We’ve utilized kale as the primary ingredient for our keto salad. Yes, kale does taste bitter and earthy, but our recipe does not! If you’re still not convinced, keep reading and see for yourself.
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 3 walnut halves
- 2 cups of kale
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 sliced mushrooms
- Take a mixing bowl and add kale into it
- Now add walnuts, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and bacon pieces
- Pour a spoon of balsamic vinaigrette
- Mix all ingredients and take them out on a plate
- Place the hard-boiled eggs on the top and sprinkle some black pepper
Grab a spoon and enjoy your salad.
Egg muffins are a perfect option for your busy mornings. They are not only easy to prepare but are soft, fluffy, and palatable.
Here’s a quick recipe to satisfy your early morning cravings.
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ cup of baby spinach
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- 1 cup bell peppers
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Oil the interior of a muffin pan
- Add eggs and milk to a mixing bowl and whisk until frothy
- Stir bell peppers, spinach, salt, scallions, and cheese to the mix
- Scoop batter into muffin pan
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Use a spatula to remove the muffins from the pan
You can pair these fluffy veggie muffins with your morning beverage, be it coffee or chai latte, and eat to your fill.
Mushroom egg baked is yet another quick and easy keto breakfast recipe to satisfy your cravings.
It includes only a few simple ingredients, but the final product tastes delicious. These egg baked are soft, creamy, and full of flavor. Here’s a quick look into the recipe.
- 7 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 eggs
- Butter spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¾ whole milk
- ½ salt
- ½ black pepper powder
- Place a rack in the oven and preheat your oven to 400°F
- Coat the ramekins with butter spray
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan and add shallot
- Saute the shallot for about 2 minutes and then add mushrooms
- Add a pinch of salt and cook until fragrant
- Crack the eggs in a mixing bowl and add milk, salt, and pepper
- Whisk the mixture until frothy
- Divide the mushroom mixture and cheese in the ramekins and pour the egg mixture over the top
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops are puffed and slightly golden
Let it cool for a few minutes, and then enjoy the fluffy, cheesy mushroom egg bakes!
We’d like to close it off with a nutritious dessert for your keto breakfast. A thick layer of yogurt topped with sweet plums and delicious, nutty almonds is a perfect way to please your taste buds.
Here’s what you need to prepare this smooth and flavorsome dessert.
- 3 cups of greek yogurt
- 2 plums
- ½ of thinly sliced almonds
- Layer Greek yogurt into a bowl or mug
- Pit the plum and slice it into bite-size pieces
- Toss the yogurt with sliced almonds
There you have it! A perfect dessert to boost your metabolism and refresh you for your day.
The keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet with several health benefits. The key is to reduce carbohydrate intake and replace it with fat.
So, instead of relying on sugar that comes from carbohydrates (legumes, fruits, grains, vegetables, and fruits), this diet depends on keto bodies (a kind of fuel produced by our liver from stored fat)
In addition to helping you lose excess weight, the keto diet has several other health benefits. This diet may:
- Reduce seizures in children
- Have benefits for brain disorders like multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, autism, sleep disorders, and even Alzheimer’s
- Improve blood sugar control
- Lower the risk of heart-related ailments
If you believe the ketogenic diet is hard to follow, you might want to reconsider after trying out our appetizing keto breakfast recipes.
Also, most of these recipes include ingredients already stashed in your kitchen. You can always make your keto diet tempting by experimenting with herbs, condiments, and spices.